Editing and Publishing¶
- Click Dashboard in the tool bar at the top of the screen to view all the talks and series you have created.
- The column on the left allows you to switch between talks, series and people (speakers, organisers and hosts)
- Filters allow you to narrow the list down further
Checking for missing information¶
You can schedule and publish a talk even if you don’t have all the details:
- You must supply the Date and Time
- Leave other fields on the form blank
- Use the Title TBA check box to leave the Title blank
Use the Dashboard Missing Information filters to identify talks with information still to be supplied:
Here, the list of talks has been narrowed down to
- editable by me
- still to take place
- without a speaker
Talks are flagged as Published when you first create them. However, you may want to indicate that a talk’s details are incomplete. In this case you can switch the talk’s status to In Preparation.
To change the status:
- On the Talk Edit form scroll down to find the Status field
- Switch the radio button to In preparation.
You can switch back to Published at any time.
What does ‘In preparation’ mean?¶
A talk is flagged In preparation so that everyone is aware that the information is subject to change or incomplete.
In preparation talks are:
- Not Private - all talks can be viewed and appear in all listings
- This is a change from the previous version of the software, where In preparation talks did not appear in search results